Tuesday, October 21, 2008


So I have been feeling a litle frumpy lately. I mean it is hard to feel too attractive when you are in desperate need of a haircut, have gained 20 pounds (so far) because of a pregnancy, because of that pregnancy have a serious lack of clothes, and just are too tired to bother too much with makeup and hair. Well today when I was putting my hair up in its usual ponytail bob. A looks at me and says "Your so beautiful, mommy" I was so touched. Motherhood is hard and you don't always get a thank you at the end of the day but these are the moments you cherish and will always remember. So I just felt the need to write it down before I forget because I need to remember that I am beautiful even when I have swollen ankles and stretch marks!!

2 comments:

McKenna said...

One night, The Princess was really sick. She was sleeping in our bed and she woke up to vomit. My husband ran her into the bathroom and she threw up, then he laid her in bed by me. She looked at me, half asleep and having just thrown up, and said "Oh, Mommy. You're so beautiful!" Then she fell asleep instantly. I'd been so tired from being up with her all night, and that just made it suddenly worth it :) They can be so sweet!
...And I'm sure you're not frumpy :)

Addie May said...

You are beautiful Kristi!! that was so sweet of Alli! Oh, and I just saw you a few weeks ago and you were in no way "frumpy". I think that I am frumpy even when I'm not pregnant!! I'm proud of you, by-the-way for commenting on my blog, thanks!